Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Felicity's Food: Retiring the chocalate for tea?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    I dont mind AG adding the tea stuff, after all little girls love tea sets and it does fit in with Felicity Learns a Lesson which is when she meets Elizabeth and will be central to the new movie. However Felicity's family are patriots and after the Boston Tea Party, they stopped using tea and switched to chocalate. This was something that many colonial familes did and by having that set in her collection, I think it was educational, fun and a little different.

    But rather than just adding a tea set and new treats to Felicity's already lacking collection, AG has decided to retire the entire chocalate set AND the original party treats. Now come on, not only does the chocalate set serve as a neat historical/educational item, along with the party treats, they are featured predominantly in 'Happy Birthday Felicity'! Unless they change the illustrations and words, none of the new tea stuff will even be in the books, just the movie. So Felicity will be the only Historical who does not have the treats and dinnerware that appear in her birthday story.

    Before people who like the new stuff start jumping on me for my negative opinion, I want you to know that I like the idea of a tea set. Im not too fond of the COLOR they chose, LOL, but the design is pretty and I plan on getting it sometime. Even the tea treats were alright and since food for dolls is fun, I'll probably get that too. But retiring Felicity's original sets make me very angry. Yes I know it was probably expensive, but don't give me that bull, look at all the stuff that Samantha has. Even if they had kept those sets, Lissie would not have as much as her. So now AG has retired items that actually have a place in the book, with stuff that will only be seen in the movie. From now on, Felicity's table will be decorated with 'Tea stuff' when we all know her family wouldn't allow tea in the house, not to mention the treats dont match to what was in the fourth (or even second for that matter) book.

    Some of you probably think I'm going overboard on this and that Im just using another chance to slam AG (if you wait for my next topic I want to start you'll see that definately not true) I just dont like the direction AG took on that aspect of Lissie's collection. I feel they were very untrue to the books and the nature of Felicity's character by what they have done. Thats all.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I totally Agree with you

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I posted a very similar opinion some time last week or so. It upsets me that she no longer has the chocolate set.

    The tea set in the School book, isn't horrible. But when you click "shop by story" and "birthday" the tea set is shown there too. Clearly, it is to replace the chocolate set.

    I think I'm just going to write a letter, state my displeasure and then ignore it. I don't collect accessories, and although I had planned to start, I guess I won't.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Was everyone in Felicity's time able to afford a Chocolate pot? What did poor people do? Wouldn't they have served chocolate from their tea pot? That is, if they had been able to afford the chocolate in the first place.

    I can't imagine everyone put away their tea sets and purchased a set suitable for serving chocolate. I can imagine the presence of a teapot on a table might stir up controversy with visitors so maybe people just kept tea sets out of sight. But surely everyone wasn't able to afford chocolate sets. Also, wouldn't people still use their tea sets to serve herbal and medicinal teas? My dear Elizabeth is going to need a hot honey-and-lemon served in a teacup next time she is in bed with a sore throat. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Julia

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mandasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't understand why they couldn't have made the new tea service be Elizabeth's (whose family certainly would have been drinking tea) and left the chocolate set for Felicity.

    The ladies at the outlet said they were told by corporate that the chocolate set was being discontinued. Apparently, that means gone for good. Retired is gone, but could come back-I would have thought the terms had just the opposite meaning. Maybe they will repackage them, like they did Samantha's traveling coat and accessories, but I can't see how in a way that would be more practical than what they already had. Also, if they were repackaging them, you would think that they would have had them come out in their new form with all of the other new stuff. They would have already had all the pieces available and how hard could it be to put them in different boxes? Even the items that aren't available yet can still be seen on the web page. I just don't understand AG's thinking sometimes. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mandasmom, I like your idea of having the tea set for Elizabeth. After all, the dressing table accessories have her name on it!

    Julia, Im sure what you are saying is true, but to be honest, I think thats reading too much into it. For one, Lissie's family IS wealthy enough to own a chocolate pot, they even mention having it in the book, LOL. So I think the fact that the character of the series has a chocolate set is more important than whether or not every patriot family did.

    Besides, if they want get across the point of drinking hot chocalate over tea, they do a much better job of it by having a chocolate pot set, not by letting people assume they are now drinking chocolate out of a tea pot. But what Im more upset over, is that this tea set is not in the books at all and yet they are using it to replace two sets that are and to me thats wrong, not to mention stupid. The accessory sets are meant to go along with the books so you can act out their stories. Now girls will just be acting out the movies and probably not even reading the books to begin with.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 06, 2005 02:17 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shortie - Here is the text of the thread discussing the Chocolate Set being revised. It appears that ninasmom and nikki heard it from their PS.

    ninasmom
    Senior Hostboard Member



    Member Rated:

    posted September 01, 2005 03:24 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But look at the bright side, they are introducing a new Felicity's chocolate set. It may not be as nice as the original one though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 164 | Registered: Jan 2005 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    auri
    Senior Hostboard Member


    posted September 01, 2005 03:25 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by AGfanatic:
    I don't understand the reason why AG is making a TEA SET for Elizabeth and Felicity considering Felicity doesn't drink tea!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I hate to even suggest this but maybe, given the success of a "rich girl", namely Samantha, they really are shifting the emphasis to Elizabeth and Felicity will end up as the sidekick.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 520 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    Skittl1321
    Senior Hostboard Member



    posted September 01, 2005 03:30 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by ninasmom:
    But look at the bright side, they are introducing a new Felicity's chocolate set. It may not be as nice as the original one though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Where did you get that information from?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 302 | From: Dayton, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2005 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    Skittl1321
    Senior Hostboard Member



    posted September 01, 2005 03:32 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by auri:
    I hate to even suggest this but maybe, given the success of a "rich girl", namely Samantha, they really are shifting the emphasis to Elizabeth and Felicity will end up as the sidekick.[/QB]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    That makes me so mad. Felicity was not poor. Her father was one of the best merchants in the colonies.
    And even rich people need everyday clothes!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 302 | From: Dayton, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2005 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    PrincessRuthie(Laura)
    Senior Hostboard Member



    posted September 01, 2005 03:40 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah, they are redesigning the chocolate set. I'd forgotten about that, but they better NOT ruin it!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 1536 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    AG*dancer*
    Senior Hostboard Member



    posted September 01, 2005 03:52 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phew! I just tracked mine and it left the warehouse this morning. Of course, I ordered it last Friday so I thought it'd be here by tomorrow the latest. But at least it's coming at all. Patience is not one of my stronger attributes...
    I too am sad at what they've done to Felicity's collection. But I'm very happy she's getting a movie, and I'll accept it however it is!

    --------------------

    My Dolls: Felicity Rose (1995), Jessica Elizabeth (asian bitty baby-1996), Marisol Giuliana, Kaya'aton'my, Elizabeth Augusta

    Felicity's Trip to Colonial Williamsburg

    Chicago 2005

    See more of my albums here!


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 898 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    AG*Gymnast
    Senior Hostboard Member



    posted September 01, 2005 03:59 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was planning on ordering that with my FA check, but I won't be getting it until next week probably. The chocolate set is the last big piece I needed of her collection (atleast of what's been available these past few years).
    --------------------

    ~Laurie~

    My Girls with their pets and dolls:

    Laurie Ann aka Allegra (AGT17), Zipporah Esperanza (AGT16), Grace (AGT21), Penelope Nadine (AGT23), Diana (AGT22), Charlotte Patricia(AGT24), Marisol (AGLE Marisol, lol), Chava Shiloh (retired AGT10), Hippolyta Autumn (AGT2)

    Samantha, Kirsten, Felicity, Josefina, Nellie


    Hand over the AGs and no one will get hurt! Gymnastics is not a matter of life and death, it is much more important than that.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 435 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    All American Girl 2982
    Senior Hostboard Member



    Member Rated:

    posted September 01, 2005 04:36 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Its not going to be retired my PS told me here in NY it is being revamped compeltly and is going to be tempoarily unavaible for a while. It is not retired. And I also called CS and they said no retirement either. Its just going to get a differnt look, I asked on Saturday when I was at AGPNY.
    --------------------

    Nikki

    Formerly Known as Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's_Mommy

    My newest albums :
    Samantha,Nellie,& Felicity Get Ready For Back To School:http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2121986331
    AGPNY 08/27/05http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2121655427

    My AG Girls: .
    Samantha Rose Parkington Febuary 2004
    Nellie Marie O'Malley December 2004
    Kaiely Michelle Wright August 2003
    Pre-Mattel Felicity Ann Merriman Febuary 2005
    Elizabeth Victoria Cole coming to join the family late September early October

    Here is my Albums:
    http://www.imagestation.com/member/?...nGirlLover2982


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 1896 | From: Astoria, New York | Registered: Nov 2004 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    *shortie*
    Senior Hostboard Member


    Member Rated:

    posted September 01, 2005 04:45 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, I already knew this and posted it on the other thread about Felicity but apparantly no one listened. I called a few days ago, the catalogue doesnt have it and wont be getting anymore and the same for both stores. I just got one off of ebay. Good luck to everyone else. Im also furious.
    --------------------

    *Rach*

    My dolls: Felicity (1993) and Addy (2004) Isabel (renamed Marisol-2005)


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 766 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    judiaci
    Moderator



    Member Rated:

    posted September 01, 2005 05:01 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I remember it being posted before. I have one waiting in my stash closet, thank goodness. If they revamp it, chances are you may not like it. think plastic ARK...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 3247 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    AGfanatic
    Senior Hostboard Member



    posted September 01, 2005 05:09 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know AG is going to revamp the Chocolate Set but I have a feeling I won't like it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 2636 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2004 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    auri
    Senior Hostboard Member


    posted September 01, 2005 05:49 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Revamping is definitely better than retiring. I was amazed at the thought that they'd do that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 520 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    All American Girl 2982
    Senior Hostboard Member



    Member Rated:

    posted September 01, 2005 05:51 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They said it would change slightly not much.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 1896 | From: Astoria, New York | Registered: Nov 2004 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    ninasmom
    Senior Hostboard Member



    Member Rated:

    posted September 01, 2005 06:00 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got that information at AGPC last month. They let club members preview all the new stuff. The PS told me that the old chocolate set was going to be retired and they only had 3 left, but I didn't buy it because it's way too expensive for my pocket. I was not too impressed with the new one. It is yellow if I remember correctly.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 164 | Registered: Jan 2005 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    Miss_Nellie_OMalley
    Senior Hostboard Member



    Member Rated:

    posted September 01, 2005 06:24 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so is lissy's tea lesson going to be retired too?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Posts: 90 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2005 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JuliaAM:
    Was everyone in Felicity's time able to afford a Chocolate pot? What did poor people do? Wouldn't they have served chocolate from their tea pot? That is, if they had been able to afford the chocolate in the first place.

    I can't imagine everyone put away their tea sets and purchased a set suitable for serving chocolate. I can imagine the presence of a teapot on a table might stir up controversy with visitors so maybe people just kept tea sets out of sight. But surely everyone wasn't able to afford chocolate sets. Also, wouldn't people still use their tea sets to serve herbal and medicinal teas? My dear Elizabeth is going to need a hot honey-and-lemon served in a teacup next time she is in bed with a sore throat. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Julia
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not everyone had a chocolate set. But Felicity did. That's what bothers me. I want my book accessories! Not movie ones.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Skittl, I agree with you 100% [img]smile.gif[/img]

    And thanks Julia for that link! You gave me a little bit of hope! As far as Im concerned, Felicity can use as much new stuff as AG is willing to give her since they neglected her for so long!

  10. #10
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Thumbs up

    I absolutely HATE that AG is getting rid of some of Felicity's core items! I have wanted Felicity for a long time, and I just purchased her in March. I have hardly started her collection, and now they're taking away some of her most important items!! The tea lesson, chocolate set and party treats are some of her nicest things too. It made me kind of mad when I looked at the updated Lissie pages and they were missing, especially when I just saw them all on the site last night! WHY WHY WHY????
    It's not like I am able to just go and spend a few hundred $$ all at once to get all the items I'm afraid are going to retire. That really upsets me that AG is being rather inconsiderate of a lot of their most loyal customers. Little girls will most likely not miss these items, but all of us who are long time collectors trying to get items we've been dreaming of for years are going to be quite upset (if we're not already).
    Does anyone know if either of the AGP's have these missing items in stock? I've never called them before, but I might to avoid ebay's prices. Once people realize these items are gone, ebay will be even higher, making these items become like the original clothes press, summer accessories and the like. UGH!! I hate that AG has taken away so many of Lissie's things!!
    I apologize for sounding so negative, especially since I rarely vent much on here, but I am very disappointed with the retirement of Felicity's items. I really love just about all of her and Elizabeth's new items, and will hopefully get most of them eventually. I just wanted all of Lissie's old things as well. I'll just have to wait and see how this all turns out, though. Maybe I'll be able to find a good deal. If anyone has any info about her retired stuff at the AGP's I would appreciate it. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •